Harlem Stage’s education programs engage thousands of students annually throughout New York City. Our interactive arts education programs provide young people with access to high quality live performances, free events, in-school residencies, and unique opportunities to learn about and engage in the performing arts.
Harlem Stage In The Schools
Harlem Stage in the Schools partners with neighborhood schools to provide students with hands-on learning experiences in their classroom that:
- Link arts with academic curricula
- Offer residencies and workshops with teaching artists and performers
- Encourage creative thinking in all academic endeavors
Youth & Families
Harlem Stage Inspiring Youth
Harlem Stage’s education programs engage over thousands of students annually in the performing arts. Our interactive arts education programs provide young people with access to high quality live performances, free events, in-school residencies, and unique opportunities to learn about and engage in the performing arts.
The International Series at Harlem Stage is the core education initiative that presents daytime performances from cultures across the globe; programs that:
- Engage students with their own cultural heritage while introducing them to others
- Offer performance study guides that connect with NYC Department of Education’s Blueprint for the Arts
- Connect to evening and weekend performances at Harlem Stage for families
Harlem Stage Family Series
The Harlem Stage Family Series provides evening and weekend performances and workshops for students and their families to experience the arts together and interact with artists.
Our education mission doesn’t end with our children. We offer many opportunities for adult enrichment through our many Conversations events. We offer workshops in music, dance and other disciplines, as well as many wonderful chances for audiences to directly engage with the artists who perform at Harlem Stage.